Are you looking for a natural way to lower your cholesterol levels? Look no further than supplements derived from policosanol, fenugreek, and plant sterol esters. These three ingredients have been shown to have cholesterol-lowering properties that can help improve your heart health.
Plant sterol esters are substances that are similar to cholesterol but are made in plants. They're found in the highest amounts in vegetable oils, nuts, and seeds. Plant sterols might help reduce cholesterol levels by limiting the amount of cholesterol that is able to enter the body. Some plant sterols might also reduce how much cholesterol is made in the body².
When looking for a supplement containing plant sterol esters, it's important to find one with at least 80% combined beta-sitosterol, campesterol, and stigmasterol. These specific types of plant sterols have been shown to be particularly effective at reducing cholesterol levels.
Fenugreek is another ingredient to look for in a cholesterol-lowering supplement. When choosing a supplement containing fenugreek, it's important to find one with a 10:1 extract ratio. This means that 10 parts of the fenugreek plant have been used to make one part of the extract.
Policosanol is another natural ingredient that has been shown to have cholesterol-lowering properties. It is claimed to offer numerous health benefits, including lowering "bad" low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and increasing "good" high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol⁵.
Finding a supplement that contains all three of these ingredients - policosanol, fenugreek, and plant sterol esters - can be helpful in lowering your overall cholesterol levels and reducing your risk of heart disease.
In conclusion, if you're looking for a natural way to lower your cholesterol levels, consider taking a supplement derived from policosanol, fenugreek, and plant sterol esters. These ingredients have been shown to have cholesterol-lowering properties that can help improve your heart health.
(1) PLANT STEROLS - Uses, Side Effects, and More - WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1537/plant-sterols.
(2) The Best Plant Sterols For Lowering Cholesterol. https://www.piperbio.com/blogs/cholesterol/best-plant-sterols-lower-cholesterol.
(3) Policosanol for Cholesterol: Benefits, Dosage, Sources - Verywell Health. https://www.verywellhealth.com/policosanol-medication-information-89868.
(4) Plant Sterols: Health Benefits, Side Effects, Uses, Dose ... - RxList. https://www.rxlist.com/plant_sterols/supplements.htm.
(5) Cholesterol-lowering supplements may be helpful - Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/in-depth/cholesterol-lowering-supplements/art-20050980.